Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dream Ship....

Sunny Freedom.....

That is the name I have chosen for my ship. For me this is what she will be. Absolute, pure freedom filling my life with pure sunshine~^^

But I want to use my ship to spread that sunshine. I want to share her with my crew, with passengers, and with children all over the world. As I mentioned before, I will offer cruises to passengers as part of my business. But I've recently decided to expand what I offer to include 2 week summer camps for children.

Every summer we will be in a different location in the world and I will open my ship up to 20 children for a 2 week summer camp called Dream Ship. For two weeks the children will learn all there is to know about sailing, navigation, and even more. I will offer craft classes, cooking classes, and inspiration classes. I want to fill the children's hearts with dreams and hope! Hence the name Dream Ship for the camp.. but that's not all.

Some of those children may not have to pay a single penny to participate~

I want to open the camp to ALL children! Whether they are the only child of rich parents or a child living in a poor orphanage. ALL children have the right to dream and deserve to be empowered for a brighter future. So, those children whose parents are more well to do, I will charge a single flat rate for the two weeks. I will then offer a reduced price for families of low income who can apply for the lower rate quite easily by showing me their pay stub for the previous 3 months. Lastly, I will personally chose from open applications children to allow on board for free. Applications I will hand out to orphanages in the local area where I have decided to offer the camp for that summer.

I will post a schedule online as to where I will be that summer a few months ahead of time so people can prepare for our arrival...

All children will be given a uniform and none of their parent's financial information will be shared with the other children. I will have the parents all sign that they will not speak to the children or other parents how much they paid for the camp so that no one will know the difference. Every child will be treated fairly, no matter what price they paid to get on board. They will all work the same and do the same chores.

We will have cameras on board to record the entire summer camp for parents and, if possible, stream it over the web. Depending on how popular the camp is, we may offer more than one camp per summer. I haven't come up with a cost quite yet, but I will try to find something that would be affordable to all. This will be just one of the children's programs that I will run from the ship. The other program will be a charity, which I will right about a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment