Friday, February 3, 2012

Preemptive call for a future crew!

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO HAVE SOME ADVENTURE & SAIL THE WORLD, THIS POST IF FOR YOU!

Although it is extremely early, I felt I should post this call now so that ANYONE & EVERYONE will have a fair chance of getting into my crew. I plan to set sail in about 2 - 3 years, so if you have no experience right now.. you have PLENTY of time in order to gain some. I am looking for 2 - 3 experienced people to join my crew and come with me on my trip around the world. I shall provide the ship, so don't worry about that. All you will need is your experience, personal items, & your sense of adventure. The only thing I will ask is that you chip in a bit to help purchase food.

I will be running a business from the ship, so I will expect each crew member to do their fair share of the work. Whether that be crewing, advertising, helping with the goods for sale, or some other type of work. As long as you help out on the ship, you WILL be given your fair share of the earnings we make. Your share will be based on what you contribute to the business.

If you have your own source of earning income and simply wish to piggyback upon my own business (i.e. you make handmade crafts to sell), that fine~^^ In such a case, I will ask that you pay a small amount of your earnings for rent/travel expenses. Or! If you are open to it, we can be partners in our business and we'll share all our profits equally. The only line I'll draw in that case is, no matter happens, the ship will remain mine.

If we decide to go our separate ways after working together for a while, I promise to return you to whatever port you wish to be taken and I will allow you to keep your profits for that month that way you have the money you need to get back home. This same offer goes to ANY crew member~ If you decide that you wish to leave the crew at any time, simply let me know your reasons and I will drop you off at any port you wish.

Now.. for those of you who are interested in joining me in the future, but you have no experience.. I suggest you start now~ Read up on sailing & techniques, then volunteer to crew on other people's ships in order to gain hands on experience. I will be honest, I am in the same boat as you. I have no experience, but I have already begun studying as much as possible from the books I've recently purchased and from websites. I will also be volunteering to crew as soon as I return to the states in about a year. This is the main reason why it will be 2 - 3 years before I actually set sail.

If you are interested, please contact me and let me know.
Either comment here or contact me through Facebook & we will work things out.

Stay tuned to this blog for future updates~

No comments:

Post a Comment