Saturday, February 25, 2012

I've decided~^^

I was trying to decide between buying a boat and fixing it up, or building my own. Well, I've decided I'm going to build my own. I really wish to have a Caravel style ship and I wouldn't be satisfied with anything else. I also wish to take the time to build my ship myself and feel that buying any other boat in the meanwhile, just to get out on the ocean faster, would simply be a waste of my money and time when I could simply take that money and immediately invest it into the ship I want.


It'll delay my departure a bit, but I feel it is far more worth my trouble to take my time in doing this and having the ship I truly desire. I have a place to build already. So all I need now is the money to buy the wood. I want to build her of White Ash and wish for her to be approximately 60 - 75ft long with 2 masts, a square-rig on the main mast and a lanteen on the mizzen. Such a ship will require a larger crew, but seeing as I've found my first mate already.. I feel I'll be more than able to find the right number of crew mates before I'm ready to set sail.


I hope to have a permanent crew of at least 8 people (including myself) who will stick with me throughout our entire voyage~^^ Nothing would make me happier than having a group of nakama that I can always depend on to have my back in this. But that doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to take on temp crews either. The more, the merrier! I just want to have a solid crew as a base to build on so that there will be reliable crew members to show the temps the ropes.


Now to see if I can get my hands on a set of Caravel blueprints.... (-^_^-) v

No comments:

Post a Comment